How To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 With Jelly Bean 4.2 | JellyBam Custom Rom
Most Android users worldwide may get a Samsung Galaxy S2 instead of smartphone due to it’s unique features which it has got. And this is one of the reason why a lot of custom ROMs for this handset are available as well as many updates are launched daily.Be careful while flashing a firmware on your smartphone since not all OS upgrades are stable ones.
To ease your work have a look on detailed procedure of how to update your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to latest Jelly Bean 4.2 by installing the Jellybam custom ROM firmware. The Jellybam software is just a beta OS improvement that has been developed for your handset by third party developers. It includes all the Jelly Bean 4.2 features along with extra ones.
By this you can easily power up the performances of your S2 GT I9100.Here custom user interface replaces the default Android one and you get a more intuitive and appealing interface by improving the looks.
To make your decision right go through the JellyBam features mentioned below.
Before You Proceed–>>
2.Root your device and install custom Recovery image. Check out How To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 On Official ICS XWLP3 4.0.3 Firmware .
Hope you know that by following this tutorial, Warranty of your device will get void.
3.Use a Windows running PC that mustn’t have security programs installed (antivirus and Firewall protection included) same applies for your Smartphone(referring to the security tools).
4.Charge your handset upto 70% minimum to avoid switching it off in middle of process.
5. Enable the USB debugging option on your handset by heading to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
Don’t apply this guide if you own a similar device with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number GT I9100 because the Jelly Bean 4.2 update is working only for the mentioned smartphone.
How to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to Jelly Bean 4.2 with Jellybam Custom ROM firmware
- Download the Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM and save it on your PC.Donot unzip.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9000 to your PC and copy the downloaded file to your phone’s sd card. It is recommended that you copy these files in the root folder of your SD card.
- Disconnect the smartphone from the PC.
- Switch off your phone and boot your phone in recovery mode. You can boot your device in recovery mode by pressing and holding together ‘ Volume UP ‘ + ‘ Home ‘ + ‘ Power ‘ buttons and when you see the recovery mode screen, release these buttons.
Note- Use volume keys to navigate through menu and Power key to select an option while you are in recovery mode.
- Select ‘ Wipe data/Factory reset ‘ and confirm on the next screen by pressing power button.
- Select ‘ Wipe cache ‘ and confirm by pressing power button.
- Return to recovery: +++go back+++.
- Select install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card.
- Select the update file from the SD card.
- Install the same.
- Don’t make any other changes.
- When the flash process is done select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Congratulations ! You have updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with Jelly Bean 4.2 !
Please don’t forget to like below !!