HowTo Update Sony Xperia Pro To Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 | Pacman Rom
Sony Xperia Pro users will definitely not miss getting their phone updated to latest Android 4.1.2 . The XDA-developers there have been working hard for their contribution to the development of PACMAN Custom Rom.
This Rom is merely the fusion of the Roms to get the most stunning customization features you will ever come across. Therefore, not only Android 4.1.2 will be flashed on your phone, but also some amazing functionality of all the above ROMs will be included in it.
Before You Proceed–>>
- Make sure that your device is rooted and custom recovery installed on it.
- Remember this tutorial was tested in a different environment then yours. So we will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
- Also remember this tutorial is intended only for Sony Xperia Pro and not for any other device. Try this on your own risk
- Backup all your personal information on your device.
Use AppBak to backup all your apps.
Use SMS Backup and Restore to backup messages.
You can backup your contacts using gmail .
- Enable USB debugging on your handset. Go to Menu –> Settings–> Applications –> Development and check the “USB debugging” option.
- Make sure your smartphone is charged with atleast 75% of power.
How To Update Sony Xperia Pro To Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 | Pacman Rom
- Download the Android Pacman Custom Rom and save it to a convenient folder on your PC.
- Connect your Sony Xperia Pro To your PC via USB cable.
- Now copy the downloaded custom Rom to your phone’s SD card.
- Now you can disconnect your phone from your computer and switch off your phone.
- Now boot into recovery mode.
To boot into recovery, turn on your phone and in the Sony Ericsson splash screen (not the boot animation, the first screen) and when the LED indicator turns blue, press volume down, then you’ll be in recovery.
- Now in the recovery mode menu select “wipe data factory reset” and after that “wipe cache partition” to wipe your and clean your memory .
- Now when the wipe is finished, come back to recovery menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Now select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card” and select the the Pacman Custom Rom file that you copied to your phone’s SD card in step 3. Now confirm the action and your flashing will begin.
- Have patience since installation will take about 10-15 minutes(Sometimes it may take more time).
- After the installation finishes, just select“+++go back+++” and select “reboot system now” .
- Thats it. Your phone will reboot with the new Android 4.1.2 look and feel.
Congratulations !! On installing the latest Android Jelly bean 4.1.2 on your Sony Xperia Pro.