The latest ICS software update, XXAMA4 Android 4.0.4 is now available for download for your Galaxy S Duos S7562. This update was specifically released for India, however it can be used by others as well. This update can be installed using Samsung Kies or can be downloaded and installed manually using our tutorial below. Make sure you follow each and every step os the below given tutorial.
Before You Proceed–>>
- This tutorial is intended only for Galaxy S Duos with model number S7562. You are not expected to try this tutorial on any other device as this may eventually brick your device.
- Ensure that you have USB drivers for your device installed on your PC. If you don’t then click here.
- Enable USB Debugging mode. Go to Options > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Backup all your personal information on your device.
Use AppBak to backup all your apps.
Use SMS Backup and Restore to backup messages.
You can backup your contacts using gmail .
- Charge your device battery with atleast 70% of power.
- Please disable all the Antivirus programs running on your computer as the may interpret the updation process.
How To Update Galaxy S Duos S7562 To Official Android 4.0.4 | XXAMA4 Stock Firmware
- Initially you need to download Android 4.1.2 S7562XXAMA4 and extract the zip file to a convenient folder on your PC.
- Now download Odin v1.85 and extract it to a convenient folder on your computer.
- Now turn off your device and you need to boot your device in download mode. To boot your device in download mode, press and hold Volume Up + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you feel a vibrate. Then again press the Power button to boot into recovery mode.
- Now connect your phone to your computer via USB cable. Odin will automatically detect your device and once it does, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time though.
- Now you need to select the files that are to be installed on your device.
These files can be found in the folder in which you extracted the file downloaded in step 1.
Then click on PDA and select the file with CODE in its name.
Now click on Phone and select the file with MODEM in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Now click on CSC and select the file with “CSC” in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Now click on Pit and select the file with “.PIT” in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- On the Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
- Then click the “Start” button. Have patience when the odin is processing your updation .
- After the installation process is finished, your device will automatically restart and now you can disconnect your device.
That’s it!! You have successfully managed to update your Galaxy S Duos S7562 To Official Android 4.0.4 XXAMA4 Firmware!
Hit +1 or Like to Thank us!