How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab With ClockWorkMod Recovery
The first of its kind (Samsung Tablets) ,the Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000, was one giant tablets that runs on a 1.0 GHz processor and donned with a TFT capacitive touchscreen. It was first integrated with Android Froyo 2.2, and later version of this tablet wer involved with Gingerbread. And Then Upgrading the Samsung Galaxy tab to Ice cream sandwich was even made possible using the custom Rom’s. All thanks to our third party and XDA developers. Let’s begin with How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab With ClockWorkMod Recovery.
Upgrading your tablet to faster operating systems is one thing you can do either officially or through custom ROMs. When you hear about custom ROM’s the first thing that comes to your mind is custom recovery mode. And the only thing you can think of is ClockWorkMod Recovery.
Please Note —>
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 only. Its use with some other models of galaxy tab may have some undesirable outcomes.
- There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
What You Require —>
- Your samsung galaxy tab running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- A windows PC and a USB cable to connect your TAB to PC.
- Download Technomancer’s Kernel with ClockworkMod Recovery 5 and Heimdall Suite 1.3.2 to your PC. Please not Heimdall Suite requires Microsoft C++ Redistributable installed on your computer it to run.
- Make sure your tablet’s battery is charged with atleast 75% of power.
- Please make sure that you backup all your data. If incase your data is swiped out in the installation process.
- Extract the downloaded folder Heimdall suite 1.3.2. You will get a folder Heimdall suite.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer. Do not connect the tablet yet.
- Reboot the tablet into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons as you connect the other end of the USB cable to your tablet.
- Double click on zadig.exe file which you can find in Heimdall suite folder. It will install the drivers.
- Select Options and choose List All Devices from the menu. You will see a drop-down list.
- From the drop down list, select either Samsung USB Composite Device or Gadget Serial and choose Install Driver. Now Heimdall can be safely used on your computer.
- After installation of the drivers, unplug your tablet from the USB cable.
- Now reboot your Tablet in Download mode again (Step 4).
- Untar Technomancer’s Kernel. You will be getting a file named zImage. Copy the zImage file into the Heimdall Suite folder. The file should be inside the same folder as heimdall.exe .
- On your PC, open a command prompt. Change directory to where heimdall.exe is located .(How to hange directory using command prompt–initially type “c\” . Then type “cd<space><name of the folder you want to enter in>” ).
(heimdall flash --kernel zImage)
without bracketsin your command prompt and hit enter.
- You will see a blue progress indicator displayed on your tablet’s screen.
- Have patience . After the processing is done your tablet will automatically boot.
Congratulations !! You have successfully completed the tutorial How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab With ClockWorkMod Recovery .