How To Root And Install CWM Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Vibrant
Galaxy Vibrant Rom development is in action for smooth and stable ROMs and xda-developers are working hard for Vibrant Android development. Different Roms are out there with amazing options for customizing your device. But wait ! Lets first root your Vibrant !
Before You Proceed–>>
- This tutorial is specifically for Samsung Galaxy Vibrant users. If you try this tutorial on some other model, then we will not be responsible for any harm caused to your phone.
- In other case if any undesirable results come out of your phone, then we will not be responsible. Try at your own risk.
- Backup all your personal information on your device.
Use AppBak to backup all your apps.
Use SMS Backup and Restore to backup messages.
You can backup your contacts using gmail .
- Make sure you charged your battery with atleast 75% of power.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset. Go to Menu –> Settings–> Applications –> Development and check the “USB debugging” option.
- Make sure you have installed Samsung Galaxy Vibrant drivers in your PC.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Vibrant To Jelly Bean 4.2 | CM 10.1 ROM
- First connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- Now download the Samsung Galaxy Vibrant root zip file and save it to a convenient folder on your PC.
- Now copy the downloaded file on your phone’s internal SD card.
- Now you can disconnect your from from computer.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it in recovery mode. You can do this in two ways.
- For FROYO – If you’re coming from stock Android 2.1 (Eclair), Then you can boot your device in recovery mode by pressing an holding together ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power‘ buttons.
- For Gingerbread – This is assuming you’ve personally installed a Gingerbread Bootloader (Flashing Custom ROMs will not change your bootloaders). Turn off your device, then, press and hold ‘Volume Down + Power‘.
Note-Use volume keys to navigate through menu and Power key to select an option while you are in recovery mode.
- Now scroll down to ‘Reinstall Packages‘ and select it by pressing ‘Power‘. Your phone will ‘update‘ and automatically reboot.
- After the phone starts up, go to Menu–>> and you will see a new App in the root menu called “Super User“. That means that your device is successfully rooted.
- Now you need to install Rom Manager on your phone. You can install it directly on your phone via Play store or using the desktop version of play.
- After the installation is complete, Open up the rom manager app.
- Select ‘ Flash Clockworkmod recovery‘.
- Select ‘ Vibrant ‘ as the device you are using.
- Grant access to the ‘ superuser ‘ app when prompted.
- Wait the the installation to finish.
- And Bingo !
You have successfully rooted and installed ClockWorkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Vibrant !!
Dont’ forget to hit like below