How To Root And Install ClockWorkMod Recovery Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100
Well, rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab is easy and all the steps you need to follow to root your device are here. We assume that you are here with a reason and we don’t have to tell you why you need to root your device. So lets start on with the rooting procedure.
Before You Proceed–>>
- This tutorial has been tested on on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 variant with model number GT-P3100. You may end up bricking your device if you try this tutorial on any other device.
- Please note that this tutorial was tested in the environment different then yours. If you miss any step or get yourself wrong, then we will not be responsible for the same.
- There are basically two parts of this tutorial.
1. To install ClockWorkMod Recovery, through which you will be able to root your device.
2. To root your device to gain root access to your device.
- Follow each and every step carefully.
- You need to install Samsung galaxy Tab USB drivers. You can install it via Samsung Kies. Download it from here.
- Disable all the antivirus and firewall currently running on your PC. This may prevent these softwares from getting installed in your PC.
- Backup all your personal information on your device.
Use AppBak to backup all your apps.
Use SMS Backup and Restore to backup messages.
You can backup your contacts using gmail .
- Don’t forget to charge your phone with atleast 90% power to avoid interruption.
.: Part I :.
How To Install ClockWorkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100
- First, download the ClockWorkMod Recovery file and save it to a convenient folder on your PC.
- Now download the Odin v1.85 and extract its contents in a folder.
- Now switch off your Tablet and boot in recovery mode.
You can boot your device in recovery mode by pressing and holding together ‘ Volume UP ‘ + ‘ Power ‘ buttons and When you see the android warning alert you should press ‘ Volume Down ‘ and your device will load download mode.
Note- Use volume keys to navigate through menu and Power key to select an option while you are in recovery mode.
- Now double click on the Odin.exe application to launch it.
- Now connect you device to your PC via USB cable. After your PC have finished installing drivers for your device, you will see a “ADDED” message on the Odin interface. This means that your device is installed correctly and you can move on to the next step.
- Now click on “PDA” button on the Odin interface and browse to the recovery.tar.md5 file that you extracted earlier. Also make sure that “Re-partition” option is not enabled.
- Then click the “Start” button. Have patience when the odin is processing your updation .
- Don’t disconnect or press any buttons no matter what messages you get on screen. When you see a “pass” message on the Odin interface, your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 will restart automatically. When the samsung logo appears on your Galaxy Tab 2, disconnect your device.
.: Part II :.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100
- First download the Root file and save it to a convenient folder in your PC.
- Now copy the downloaded file (as it is without extrating) to your Tablet’s external SD card. It is recommended that you copy this file in the root folder of your SD card.
- After you copy the file, disconnect your Tab from your PC. and Turn it off.
- Now boot your device into ClockWorkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding ‘Volume down’ + ‘Power’ buttons simultaneously.
- When you see the Samsung logo appearing on the screen, you should let go off the Power button, but keep Volume down pressed. This will boot into CWM Recovery.
- Then select ‘ Install ZIP From SD Card ‘ and then select Choose ZIP From SD Card and browse to the Root zip file that you copied to your device’s SD card in step 2. Select the file and confirm by pressing power button. The installation will start.
- When you finish installing, select ‘ Go back ‘ and select ‘ Reboot system now ‘.
- Wait for the reboot to complete and that would be all, now your Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 has been successfully rooted and you’re free to start installing new custom ROMs or any other applications that are working only with rooted devices.
Congratulations !! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 !
Don’t forget to like below