How To Root And Install ClockWorkMod Recovery On Motorola Xoom WiFi MZ604
Motorola Xoom users have got some genuine reasons to update their device as developers have ported those most stable Roms to this device. To update to a custom ROM it is necessary to have a recovery image installed on your phone. Also you need to have root access to update your device via a custom Rom. We have specified a simple to follow guide which will let you Root your device and also Install CWM Recovery image.
Before You Proceed–>>
- This tutorial is intended only for Motorola Xoom WiFi with model number MZ604. You are not expected to try this tutorial on any other device as this may eventually brick your device.
- Please note that this tutorial has been tried on Motorola Xoom WiFi MZ604 in an environment different from yours. We shall not be held responsible for if any damage is caused to your device using this tutorial.
- Ensure that you have USB drivers for your device installed on your PC. If you don’t then click here.
- Enable USB Debugging mode. Go to Options > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Backup all your personal information on your device.
Use AppBak to backup all your apps.
Use SMS Backup and Restore to backup messages.
You can backup your contacts using gmail .
- Charge your device battery with atleast 75% of power.
- This works with US models only.
How To Root Motorola Xoom WiFi MZ604
- First you need to download the One Click Rooting Tool zip file and extract the zip file to a convenient folder.
- Now connect your Motorola Xoom WiFi to your computer via USB cable.
- Then just right click on the file that you extracted in step 1, and select Run as administrator.
- Now just click the Root button and all you ned to do is follow the onscreen instructions.
- That’s it! Your Motorola Xoom WiFi will now be rooted.
How To Install ClockWorkMod Recovery On Motorola Xoom WiFi MZ604
- Now that you have rooted your device, go to Google Play Store and download Rom Manager.
- Now Open the downloaded Rom Manager and click on Flash Recovery. If it asks you to give Superuser Su permissions, then grant the permissions and proceed.
- Now just wait for some time to complete the installation.
- Once it finishes, click on Reboot into Recovery to get into recovery mode. If you see ClockworkMod Recovery image there, then you are all done!
That’s it!! You are all done to update your Motorola Xoom WiFi MZ604 !
Hit +1 or Like to Thank us